Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Belden as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.7 million.
- BDC has traded 481,703 shares today.
- BDC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDC:
Belden Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets cable, connectivity, and networking products for industrial, enterprise, and broadcast markets. It operates in three segments: the Americas; the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. BDC has a PE ratio of 79.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Belden a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Belden has been 212,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Belden has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.92 and a short float of 4.4% with 7.73 days to cover. Shares are up 42.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Belden as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 210.01% to $55.23 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BELDEN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.63%.
- 36.71% is the gross profit margin for BELDEN INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.56% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BDC's share price has jumped by 74.05%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- BELDEN INC's earnings per share declined by 23.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BELDEN INC reported lower earnings of $0.92 versus $2.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.68 versus $0.92).
- You can view the full Belden Ratings Report.