Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Becton Dickinson as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $146.1 million.
- BDX has traded 62,868 shares today.
- BDX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDX:
Becton, Dickinson and Company, a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and sells medical devices, instrument systems, and reagents worldwide. The company's BD Medical segment produces medical devices that are used in various healthcare settings. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. BDX has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Becton Dickinson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Becton Dickinson has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Becton Dickinson has a market cap of $25.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 3.9% with 7.11 days to cover. Shares are up 18.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Becton Dickinson as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BECTON DICKINSON & CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BECTON DICKINSON & CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.00 versus $4.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.80 versus $6.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 233.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $90.38 million to $301.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BECTON DICKINSON & CO is rather high; currently it is at 50.09%. Regardless of BDX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.66% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Becton Dickinson Ratings Report.