Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Autoliv as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ALV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.5 million.
- ALV has traded 14,041 shares today.
- ALV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ALV:
Autoliv, Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and supplies automotive safety systems to the automotive industry worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Passive Safety and Active Safety segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. ALV has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Autoliv a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Autoliv has been 551,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Autoliv has a market cap of $9.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 3.7% with 6.57 days to cover. Shares are up 13.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Autoliv as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ALV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.14, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $185.30 million or 31.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AUTOLIV INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 25.07%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.72% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- AUTOLIV INC has improved earnings per share by 7.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AUTOLIV INC reported lower earnings of $5.06 versus $5.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.33 versus $5.06).
- You can view the full Autoliv Ratings Report.