Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Anacor Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ANAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.2 million.
- ANAC has traded 4,719 shares today.
- ANAC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANAC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ANAC:
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. ANAC has a PE ratio of 16.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Anacor Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been 568,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anacor has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.89 and a short float of 20% with 14.42 days to cover. Shares are up 77.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Anacor Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ANAC's share price has jumped by 103.01%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.63, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 44.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 73.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$14.10 million to -$24.51 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$16.02 million or 33.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Anacor Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.