Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 52.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $109.60 million to $166.80 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although NTAP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, NTAP has a quick ratio of 2.44, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $362.50 million or 7.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NETAPP INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.57%.
- The gross profit margin for NETAPP INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.76% trails the industry average.
NetApp, Inc. engages in design, manufacture, and marketing of networked storage solutions. The company supplies enterprise storage and data management software and hardware products and services. NetApp has a market cap of $15.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.