NEW YORK (
-- Natuzzi Spa
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- 37.60% is the gross profit margin for NATUZZI SPA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of NTZ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.50% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$9.22 million or 42.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, NATUZZI SPA's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 142.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.76 million to -$4.26 million.
Natuzzi S.p.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of leather and fabric-upholstered furniture. Its products principally include sofas, loveseats, armchairs, sectional furniture, motion furniture and sofa beds, and living room accessories. Natuzzi Spa has a market cap of $233 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 26% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our