Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified MSCI as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MSCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.3 million.
- MSCI has traded 48.447800000000000864019966684281826019287109375 options contracts today.
- MSCI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MSCI has a PE ratio of 34.
- MSCI is mentioned 1.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- MSCI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MSCI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MSCI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MSCI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MSCI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSCI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MSCI:
MSCI Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides investment decision support tools worldwide. Its tools include indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and multi-asset class market risk analytics products and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. MSCI has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate MSCI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for MSCI has been 893,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. MSCI has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates MSCI as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- MSCI INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MSCI INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.10 versus $1.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.79 versus $2.10).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MSCI INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.76% is above that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Diversified Financial Services industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 34.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.34 million to $59.41 million.
- You can view the full MSCI Ratings Report.