Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Move as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MOVE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.0 million.
- MOVE has traded 58,251 shares today.
- MOVE is down 4.1% today.
- MOVE was up 7.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MOVE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MOVE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MOVE:
Move, Inc. operates an online network of Websites for real estate search, finance, and moving and home enthusiasts in North America. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Move a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Move has been 712,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Move has a market cap of $559.2 million and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 2.26 and a short float of 9.9% with 2.40 days to cover. Shares are down 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Move as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 10.24% over the past twelve months. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MOVE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.78 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.15 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, MOVE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $3.17 million or 10.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Move Ratings Report.