Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Morgan Stanley as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $455.0 million.
- MS traded 11,598 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:27 AM.
- MS is down 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MS:
Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. MS has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Morgan Stanley a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Morgan Stanley has been 15.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Morgan Stanley has a market cap of $46.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 0.8% with 0.58 days to cover. Shares are down 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Morgan Stanley as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MORGAN STANLEY reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MORGAN STANLEY increased its bottom line by earning $2.90 versus $1.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.90 versus $2.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 155.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,630.00 million to $908.00 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 4.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- MS's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 34.13%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it is one of the factors that makes this stock an attractive investment.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.