Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Micron Technology as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $223.3 million.
- MU traded 12,584 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:34 AM.
- MU is down 2.5% today from Thursday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MU:
Micron Technology, Inc. provides semiconductor systems worldwide. It operates in four segments: Compute and Networking Business Unit, Mobile Business Unit, Storage Business Unit, and Embedded Business Unit. MU has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Micron Technology a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Micron Technology has been 25.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Micron Technology has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.07 and a short float of 5.5% with 2.57 days to cover. Shares are down 25.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Micron Technology as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 47.34% is the gross profit margin for MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MU's net profit margin of 6.14% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 79.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1,003.00 million to $206.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,120.00 million or 29.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Micron Technology Ratings Report.