A merger between the companies would combine the largest and fourth largest aircraft parts manufacturers in the country. United Technologies has a market cap of about $97 billion, while Rockwell has a cap of just over $19 billion.
Neither company has commented on potential merger talks.
United Technologies shares have risen nearly 13% year to date but were down 1.75% in morning trading to $119.36. Rockwell shares were up 3.97% to $123.72.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Jim Cramer Reveals 10 Stocks That Have Been Hammered Basically for No Good Reason
- Boeing Cuts a Deal for Air Force One and Russia Has Nothing to Do With It
- Apple, Bitcoin and Buffett Make These Monday's Hot Tickers: AAPL, AMD, NVDA, S, TSLA, TEVA, LMT
- Microsoft Has Been Reborn Under CEO Satya Nadella -- Here Are His 6 Crowning Achievements
- Tesla Will Issue $1.5 Billion in Debt So It Has a Shot in the Dark of Delivering Tons of Model 3s