Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been the company's poor growth in earnings per share.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MEADOWBROOK INS GROUP INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MEADOWBROOK INS GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $0.24 versus $0.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 16.7% in earnings ($0.20 versus $0.24).
- The net income has significantly decreased by 1362.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.73 million to -$113.06 million.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.12 million or 111.83% when compared to the same quarter last year.
Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. operates as a commercial insurance underwriter and insurance administration services company in the United States. The company markets and underwrites specialty property and casualty insurance programs and products on an admitted and non-admitted basis. Meadowbrook Insurance Group has a market cap of $301.3 million and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.