Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B- . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get trading ideas for stocks under $10 for less than $6/week. Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO has improved earnings per share by 26.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.47 versus $2.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $2.47).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 25.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $132.10 million to $165.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 167.60% to $247.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.84%.
- The gross profit margin for MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO is rather high; currently it is at 65.10%. Regardless of MJN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MJN's net profit margin of 16.40% compares favorably to the industry average.
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company manufactures, distributes, and sells infant formulas, children's nutrition, and other nutritional products. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.4, below the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 27.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Mead Johnson Nutrition has a market cap of $15.24 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 8.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge!
Free Download Now