Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Matthews International Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MATW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.8 million.
- MATW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MATW has a PE ratio of 30.9.
- MATW is mentioned 0.48 times per day on StockTwits.
- MATW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MATW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MATW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MATW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MATW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MATW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MATW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MATW:
Matthews International Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets memorialization products and solutions for the cemetery and funeral home industries in the United States, Central and South America, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. MATW has a PE ratio of 30.9.
The average volume for Matthews International Corporation has been 120,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Matthews International has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 2.2% with 5.80 days to cover. Shares are down 3.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Matthews International Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 38.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.94, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.41, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 40.33% is the gross profit margin for MATTHEWS INTL CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.47% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Matthews International Corporation Ratings Report.