Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A+. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,322.00 million or 30.37% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 13.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $772.00 million to $879.00 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, MA is up 55.81% to its most recent closing price of 747.00. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
MasterCard Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, provides transaction processing and other payment-related services in the United States and internationally. MasterCard has a market cap of $86.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 52% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.