Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MHH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MHH has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 87.30% to -$0.06 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 37.49%.
- The gross profit margin for MASTECH HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.12% trails that of the industry average.
Mastech Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides information technology (IT) and specialized healthcare staffing services in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Mastech has a market cap of $23.4 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 38.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE