Profit and revenue are expected to gain year-over-year, helped by higher travel demand in North America and other international locations, according to Zacks Equity Research.
For the latest quarter, analysts are estimating the hotel operator to earn 74 cents on revenue of $3.65 billion.
In the same quarter the year before, the company earned 65 cents on revenue of $3.46 billion.
However, one downside is that competition is rising in New York with supply of hotels increasing.
Marriott shares are declining 0.68% to $77.46 on Wednesday morning.
Based in Bethesda, MD, Marriott operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates MARRIOTT INTL INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
We rate MARRIOTT INTL INC (MAR) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- MAR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 35.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.54 versus $2.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.12 versus $2.54).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 25.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $192.00 million to $240.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $490.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Even though MARRIOTT INTL INC's cash flow growth was minimal, the firm managed to surpass its industry's average growth rate of -59.32%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MAR