It's a market sell-off, that much is for sure.
On Tuesday, May 29, both the Dow Jones Industrial Average I:DJI and the S&P 500 Index undefined slipped 1.5%.
The top stocks that traded at 52-week lows on Tuesday include:
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - Get Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Report , which is trading at $119.40. The shares have dropped 1.7%. The 52 week low is $118.91.
- Invesco Ltd. (IVZ) - Get Invesco Ltd. (IVZ) Report , at $27.08 a share was down by 4%.
- Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) - Get Prudential Financial, Inc. Report traded down 5% to $94.97, near its 52-week low.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. (GT) - Get Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Report traded down 2.4% to $24.59.
The top five stocks that are trading at 52-week highs on Tuesday include:
- Valero Energy Corporation (VLO) - Get Valero Energy Corporation Report hit a high of $121.32 on he session. Shares gave up some gains to close at $119.47
- Netflix Inc. (NFLX) - Get Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Report shares reached a 52-week high of $355.74 before settling back down to $349.73.
- Intel Corp. (INTC) - Get Intel Corporation (INTC) Report shares had reached a high of $55.75 before declining 0.57% Tuesday afternoon to $55.22.
- Visa Inc. (V) - Get Visa Inc. Class A Report shares fell 1.26% to $129.69 after reaching a 52-week intra-day high of $131.82 last week.
- Shares of Monsanto Co. (MON) were up 0.7% to a 52-week high of $127.38 after the Department of Justice approved its $60 billion merger with Germany's Bayer AG.