Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Macrogenics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MGNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.5 million.
- MGNX has traded 51,169 shares today.
- MGNX is trading at 8.10 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MGNX is trading at a new high 5.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MGNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MGNX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MGNX:
MacroGenics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering and developing monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Macrogenics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Macrogenics has been 204,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Macrogenics has a market cap of $725.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Macrogenics as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MACROGENICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 935.7% in earnings (-$1.17 versus $0.14).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 159.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.60 million to -$3.93 million.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 40.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, MACROGENICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- You can view the full Macrogenics Ratings Report.