Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
(Nasdaq:) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LULU's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- LULU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.06, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC has improved earnings per share by 39.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.27 versus $0.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.62 versus $1.27).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income increased by 39.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $33.37 million to $46.64 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 182.08% to $15.95 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 29.18%.
lululemon athletica inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes athletic apparel for women, men, and female youth. The company has a P/E ratio of 45.2, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 42.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Lululemon has a market cap of $6.49 billion and is part of the sector and industry. Shares are up 35.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.