Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, LYTS is up 7.91% to its most recent closing price of 6.95. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- LYTS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- LYTS, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, LSI INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LSI INDUSTRIES INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.41%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.17% trails that of the industry average.
LSI Industries Inc. provides corporate visual image solutions. Its Lighting segment manufactures and markets outdoor and indoor lighting products for the commercial, industrial, and multi-site retail lighting markets, including the petroleum/convenience store market. LSI has a market cap of $169.4 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.