Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lockheed Martin as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $281.4 million.
- LMT has traded 4,621 shares today.
- LMT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LMT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LMT:
Lockheed Martin Corporation, a security and aerospace company, is engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services for defense, civil, and commercial applications in United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. LMT has a PE ratio of 19.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Lockheed Martin a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Lockheed Martin has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lockheed Martin has a market cap of $60.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 1.8% with 2.84 days to cover. Shares are up 29.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Lockheed Martin as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 33.33% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $9.04 versus $8.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.18 versus $9.04).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $990.00 million or 10.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.34%.
- LMT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 1.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $873.00 million to $888.00 million.
- You can view the full Lockheed Martin Ratings Report.