Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a sell with a ratings score of D+. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LINKEDIN CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LINKEDIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.19 versus $0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.61 versus $0.19).
- The net income has significantly decreased by 246.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.30 million to -$3.36 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization.
- The gross profit margin for LINKEDIN CORP is currently very high, coming in at 86.41%. Regardless of LNKD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- LNKD has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.54, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
LinkedIn Corporation operates an online professional network. LinkedIn has a market cap of $22.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 721.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 92.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.