Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified LifePoint Hospitals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LPNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.1 million.
- LPNT has traded 5,991 shares today.
- LPNT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LPNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LPNT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LPNT:
LifePoint Hospitals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates general acute care hospitals in non-urban communities in the United States. LPNT has a PE ratio of 21.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate LifePoint Hospitals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for LifePoint Hospitals has been 808,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. LifePoint has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 9.1% with 3.49 days to cover. Shares are up 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates LifePoint Hospitals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 14.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $32.40 million to $37.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $108.60 million or 17.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, LIFEPOINT HOSPITALS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 37.10%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, LIFEPOINT HOSPITALS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full LifePoint Hospitals Ratings Report.