Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a momo momentum candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Las Vegas Sands as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $406.6 million.
- LVS has a PE ratio of 29.0.
- LVS is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- LVS is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- LVS is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- LVS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- LVS has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.7%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LVS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LVS:
Las Vegas Sands Corp. develops, owns, and operates integrated resorts in Asia and the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. LVS has a PE ratio of 29.0. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Las Vegas Sands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Las Vegas Sands has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Las Vegas Sands has a market cap of $54.5 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.82 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.40 days to cover. Shares are up 43.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Las Vegas Sands as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 80.95% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 63.91% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.85 versus $1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $1.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 79.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $349.78 million to $626.74 million.
- You can view the full Las Vegas Sands Ratings Report.