Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a hold with a ratings score of C . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LRCX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.54, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 46.20% is the gross profit margin for LAM RESEARCH CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LRCX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LRCX's net profit margin of 2.40% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $96.72 million or 51.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, LAM RESEARCH CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Lam Research Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, refurbishes, and services semiconductor processing equipments used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. The company offers etch products that remove portions of various films from the wafer in the creation of semiconductor devices. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.6, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Lam Research has a market cap of $6.31 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.