Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified EOG Resources as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $305.0 million.
- EOG is down 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EOG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EOG:
EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for EOG Resources has been 5.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EOG has a market cap of $37.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.25 days to cover. Shares are down 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates EOG Resources as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 469.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1,103.62 million to -$4,075.74 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, EOG RESOURCES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1,131.43 million or 51.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 27.13%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 471.64% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- EOG RESOURCES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EOG RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.32 versus $4.03 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 99.2% in earnings ($0.04 versus $5.32).
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.