Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Knoll as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KNL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.3 million.
- KNL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- KNL has a PE ratio of 26.4.
- KNL is mentioned 0.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- KNL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- KNL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- KNL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- KNL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- KNL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KNL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KNL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on KNL:
Knoll, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, markets, and sells furnishings and accessories, textiles, fine leathers, and felt for the workplace and home in the United States, Canada, and Europe. It operates through Office, Studio, and Coverings segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. KNL has a PE ratio of 26.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Knoll a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Knoll has been 155,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Knoll has a market cap of $951.0 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 3.6% with 4.88 days to cover. Shares are up 7.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Knoll as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 118.01% to $33.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KNOLL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.68%.
- 35.39% is the gross profit margin for KNOLL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, KNL's net profit margin of 5.83% significantly trails the industry average.
- KNOLL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KNOLL INC reported lower earnings of $0.49 versus $1.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.05 versus $0.49).
- You can view the full Knoll Ratings Report.