Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Kimberly-Clark as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $184.8 million.
- KMB has traded 21,207 shares today.
- KMB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on KMB:
Kimberly-Clark Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets personal care, consumer tissue, and health care products worldwide. It operates through four segments: Personal Care, Consumer Tissue, K-C Professional, and Health Care. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. KMB has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Kimberly-Clark a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Kimberly-Clark has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimberly-Clark has a market cap of $42.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.23 and a short float of 1.5% with 3.47 days to cover. Shares are up 8.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Kimberly-Clark as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KMB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.54 versus $4.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.99 versus $5.54).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Household Products industry and the overall market, KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Kimberly-Clark Ratings Report.