NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 28.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.33 million to $4.30 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 182.55% to $6.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KENSEY NASH CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.41%.
- The gross profit margin for KENSEY NASH CORP is currently very high, coming in at 75.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.70% trails the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.31, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that KNSY's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.93 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
Kensey Nash Corporation, a medical device company, engages in the field of regenerative medicine products and technologies to help repair damaged or diseased tissues. The company has a P/E ratio of 158.9, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 706 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Kensey Nash has a market cap of $183.1 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 56.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff