NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income increased by 9500.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.01 million to $0.47 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 227.96% to $5.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KEARNY FINANCIAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -91.83%.
- The gross profit margin for KEARNY FINANCIAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 64.00%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.00% trails the industry average.
- KEARNY FINANCIAL CORP has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. Stable Earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. During the past fiscal year, KEARNY FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.12 versus $0.11 in the prior year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, KRNY has outperformed against the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Kearny Financial Corp. operates as a holding company for Kearny Federal Savings Bank that provides various financial services in New Jersey. The company has a P/E ratio of 70.1, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 73.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Kearny Financial has a market cap of $644 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff