Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Jarden Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.5 million.
- JAH has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- JAH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JAH:
Jarden Corporation manufactures, markets, and distributes consumer products in the Unites States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. JAH has a PE ratio of 28.4. Currently there are at least 5 analysts that rate Jarden Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Jarden Corporation has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Jarden has a market cap of $6.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 3.5% with 2.90 days to cover. Shares are up 44.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Jarden Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JAH's revenue growth trails the industry average of 23.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- JARDEN CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JARDEN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.09 versus $1.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.54 versus $2.09).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, JAH's share price has jumped by 32.12%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $164.80 million or 1.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 1.43%, JARDEN CORP is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -470.57%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.44 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, JAH's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.11, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Jarden Corporation Ratings Report.