Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified JA Solar Holdings Co ADR as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JASO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.3 million.
- JASO has traded 167,471 shares today.
- JASO is down 3% today.
- JASO was up 7.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JASO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JASO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JASO:
JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the design, development, production, marketing, and sale of photovoltaic solar cells and solar power products based on crystalline silicon technologies. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate JA Solar Holdings Co ADR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for JA Solar Holdings Co ADR has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JA Solar Holdings Co ADR has a market cap of $449.1 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates JA Solar Holdings Co ADR as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- JASO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.70 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.74 is weak.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, JA SOLAR HOLDINGS CO LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for JA SOLAR HOLDINGS CO LTD is rather low; currently it is at 16.72%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JASO's net profit margin of 3.63% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full JA Solar Holdings Co ADR Ratings Report.