Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IXYS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.11, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- IXYS, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 30.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for IXYS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.40% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $6.10 million or 56.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
IXYS Corporation, an integrated semiconductor company, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets power semiconductors, digital and analog integrated circuits (ICs), and systems and radio frequency (RF) power semiconductors worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. IXYS has a market cap of $262.9 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 22.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!