NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, IPAS's share price has jumped by 39.46%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- IPAS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, IPAS has a quick ratio of 2.09, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 40.60% is the gross profit margin for IPASS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.00% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, IPASS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.28 million or 220.20% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
iPass Inc. provides enterprise mobility services primarily in the United states, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. The company's mobility services facilitate the productivity of workers as they move between and among office sites, home, and remote locations. iPass has a market cap of $89 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 49.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff