Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intuit as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INTU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.7 million.
- INTU has traded 505,171 shares today.
- INTU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on INTU:
Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, and Singapore. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. INTU has a PE ratio of 28.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Intuit has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuit has a market cap of $24.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 2.6% with 3.97 days to cover. Shares are up 11.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Intuit as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- INTU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.47, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INTUIT INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 29.63% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, INTU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.70% to -$84.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 41.71%.
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.