NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, IIN's share price has jumped by 70.89%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although IIN had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- IIN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- IIN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.66 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that IIN's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.69 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- INTRICON CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INTRICON CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.25 versus $0.11 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 108.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.17 million to -$0.35 million.
IntriCon Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, engineering, and manufacture of body-worn devices. IntriCon has a market cap of $39.6 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 8.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff