Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intrexon as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.2 million.
- XON has traded 333,294 shares today.
- XON is up 3% today.
- XON was down 5.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XON NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XON:
Intrexon Corporation, a biotechnology company, operates in the synthetic biology field in the United States. The company, through a suite of proprietary and complementary technologies, designs, builds, and regulates gene programs, which are DNA sequences that consist of key genetic components. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Intrexon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Intrexon has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intrexon has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 58.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Intrexon as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- XON's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 34.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 335.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- XON's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.06, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- INTREXON CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTREXON CORP reported poor results of -$0.84 versus -$0.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.37 versus -$0.84).
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, INTREXON CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$9.05 million or 11.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, INTREXON CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 49.09%.
- You can view the full Intrexon Ratings Report.