NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, ICG GROUP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 120.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $15.76 million to -$3.23 million.
- 40.70% is the gross profit margin for ICG GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -9.20% is in-line with the industry average.
- ICGE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.22, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Internet Capital Group Inc. is a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in patient capital, growth capital, acquisitions, and mid and late venture investments in public and private companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.7, above the average internet industry P/E ratio of 12.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Internet Capital Group has a market cap of $412 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 22.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our