Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Inteliquent as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IQNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.4 million.
- IQNT has traded 105,758 shares today.
- IQNT is trading at 9.74 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IQNT is trading at a new high 4.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IQNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IQNT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on IQNT:
Inteliquent Inc. provides voice telecommunications services on a wholesale basis in the United States and internationally. The company offers its services using an all-IP network, which enables to deliver global connectivity for various media, including voice, data, and video. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. IQNT has a PE ratio of 14.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Inteliquent a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Inteliquent has been 294,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Inteliquent has a market cap of $582.8 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 2.16 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.39 days to cover. Shares are down 25.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Inteliquent as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IQNT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- IQNT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.11, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 45.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 55.07% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IQNT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 43.66% is the gross profit margin for INTELIQUENT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.63% to $15.88 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INTELIQUENT INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -27.50%.
- You can view the full Inteliquent Ratings Report.