Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 49.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, IHC is up 43.22% to its most recent closing price of 14.05. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO has improved earnings per share by 5.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.10 versus $0.75 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$191.25 million or 22694.39% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The gross profit margin for INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.02%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year.
Independence Holding Company provides life and health insurance products in the United States, the Virgin Islands, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Independence Holding has a market cap of $248.2 million and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 45.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.