Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hyperion Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HPTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.7 million.
- HPTX has traded 1,191 shares today.
- HPTX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPTX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HPTX:
Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapeutics to treat disorders in the areas of orphan diseases and hepatology. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Hyperion Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hyperion Therapeutics has been 169,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hyperion has a market cap of $611.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 7.5% with 2.79 days to cover. Shares are up 22.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Hyperion Therapeutics as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HPTX's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 35.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 65.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HPTX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.00, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 1413.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.47 million to $7.10 million.
- HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.37 versus $0.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.73 versus -$0.37).
- The gross profit margin for HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.82%. Regardless of HPTX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HPTX's net profit margin of 23.04% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Hyperion Therapeutics Ratings Report.