Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Huntsman as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HUN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $147.0 million.
- HUN has traded 479,076 shares today.
- HUN is trading at 4.01 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HUN is trading at a new high 3.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HUN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HUN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HUN:
Huntsman Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells differentiated organic and inorganic chemical products worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Polyurethanes, Performance Products, Advanced Materials, Textile Effects, and Pigments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. HUN has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Huntsman a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Huntsman has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Huntsman has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 2.23 and a short float of 7.9% with 2.38 days to cover. Shares are down 13.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Huntsman as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 193.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $64.00 million to $188.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HUNTSMAN CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- HUNTSMAN CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUNTSMAN CORP reported lower earnings of $0.54 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.10 versus $0.54).
- You can view the full Huntsman Ratings Report.