Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Huntington Ingalls Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.5 million.
- HII has traded 311,077 shares today.
- HII is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HII NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HII:
Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. designs, builds, overhauls, and repairs ships primarily for the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. HII has a PE ratio of 18.5. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Huntington Ingalls Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Huntington Ingalls Industries has been 318,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Huntington Ingalls has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 1.75 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.64 days to cover. Shares are up 86.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Huntington Ingalls Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 423.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 97.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HII should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC turned its bottom line around by earning $2.91 versus -$1.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.60 versus $2.91).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 430.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.00 million to $69.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Huntington Ingalls Industries Ratings Report.