Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hudson Pacific Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HPP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.9 million.
- HPP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HPP has a PE ratio of 161.2.
- HPP is mentioned 1.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- HPP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HPP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HPP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HPP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HPP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HPP:
Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. operates as a vertically integrated real estate trust (REIT) in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. HPP has a PE ratio of 161.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Hudson Pacific Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hudson Pacific Properties has been 366,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hudson Pacific has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.73 days to cover. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Hudson Pacific Properties as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.20 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.36 versus -$0.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 555.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.39 million to $10.88 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 73.51% to $22.46 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.60%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 210.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.69% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Hudson Pacific Properties Ratings Report.