Goldman lowered the San Francisco-based biopharmaceutical company's ratings based on a "valuation call."
The firm set a $110 price target for Medivation.
Watch the video below for a look at more analysts' actions Wednesday:
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates MEDIVATION INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate MEDIVATION INC (MDVN) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- MDVN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 43.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 111.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, MEDIVATION INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 1078.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.90 million to $47.92 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 312.55% to $49.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MEDIVATION INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 100.84%.
- 37.87% is the gross profit margin for MEDIVATION INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 32.35% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MDVN Ratings Report