NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Facebook Inc (FB) - Get Report are up 0.56% to $79.44 in pre-market trading following a positive note from analysts at RW Baird this morning that said the social media giant is well positioned to take market share in the display market.
The firm sees its advertising evolving with the launch of Atlas, the ad platform it purchased from Microsoft last year, to help companies and marketers track effectiveness around the web.
RW Baird analysts said Atlas should help improve monetization, and reiterated its "outperform" rating with a $82 price target on shares of Facebook.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FACEBOOK INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate FACEBOOK INC (FB) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed, some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FB's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 43.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 60.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 12.48, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,341.00 million or 1.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, FACEBOOK INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 41.40%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, FACEBOOK INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FB Ratings Report