Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Horizon Pharma as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HZNP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $136.6 million.
- HZNP has traded 150,307 shares today.
- HZNP is up 5.2% today.
- HZNP was down 6.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HZNP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HZNP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HZNP:
Horizon Pharma plc, a specialty biopharmaceutical company, engages in identifying, developing, acquiring or in-licensing, and commercializing medicines for the treatment of arthritis, pain, inflammatory, and/or orphan diseases in the United States and internationally. HZNP has a PE ratio of 84. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Horizon Pharma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Horizon Pharma has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Horizon has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 7.6% with 1.19 days to cover. Shares are up 39.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Horizon Pharma as a
. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, HORIZON PHARMA PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- HORIZON PHARMA PLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HORIZON PHARMA PLC reported poor results of -$3.70 versus -$2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.33 versus -$3.70).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 214.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$27.77 million to $31.81 million.
- This stock has increased by 92.78% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in HZNP do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.92, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Horizon Pharma Ratings Report.