Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Analog Devices as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ADI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $75.2 million.
- ADI is down 4.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ADI:
Analog Devices, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing integrated circuits (ICs) for use in industrial, automotive, consumer, and communication markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. ADI has a PE ratio of 23.7. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Analog Devices a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Analog Devices has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Analog Devices has a market cap of $15.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.28 days to cover. Shares are up 18.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Analog Devices as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.77% to $220.03 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, ADI is up 24.08% to its most recent closing price of 49.77. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 3.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $169.77 million to $176.24 million.
- ADI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 9.75, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization.
- You can view the full Analog Devices Ratings Report.