Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hess as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HES has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $215.2 million.
- HES traded 12,020 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:21 AM.
- HES is up 5.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HES with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HES NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HES:
Hess Corporation, an exploration and production company, develops, produces, purchases, transports, and sells crude oil and natural gas worldwide. The company operates through 722 wells. As of December 31, 2013, it had total proved reserves of 1,437 million barrels of oil equivalent. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. HES has a PE ratio of 29.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Hess a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hess has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hess has a market cap of $31.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.14 days to cover. Shares are up 20.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Hess as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HES's share price has jumped by 38.70%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HES should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,158.00 million or 41.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.72%.
- HES's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.75 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 37.88% is the gross profit margin for HESS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HES's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.94% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.